If a pilot feels that Crew Scheduling is dealing with him in a manner that violates the CBA or FARs, he should proceed as follows:
- Discuss the issue with a Scheduling Supervisor and/or the manager of Crew Scheduling.
- Contact the FedEx Duty Officer at 877.FLT.DUTY.
- Contact your Fleet Captain or Fleet Manager.
- Contact FDX MEC Contract Enforcement via PDR:
901.842-2210 or 901.842.2211, 0900-1700 CT Mon-Fri or e-mail email@example.com.
If unable to resolve the issue in time:
- Inform Crew Scheduling that you will comply IF compliance will not violate FARs!!!
- Obtain the name and employee number of any Crew Scheduling personnel that you deal with.
- Keep copies of all paperwork (i.e. pairing and all revisions, flight plan release, etc.)
- While operating the trip, keep in mind your responsibility regarding fatigue and adequate rest for you and your crew.
- From CBA 12.A.9 – “A pilot who is excessively tired prior to actual check-in for a trip in base following a legal rest period shall notify CRS immediately and speak to a Fleet Captain or the Duty Officer about his situation…”
- CBA 12.A.9.b – “A pilot who becomes excessively tired subsequent to actual trip check-in shall notify CRS immediately and talk to the Duty Officer about his situation.”
- Remember that individual pilots bear joint responsibility with the company for complying with all FARs. This fact may bring a different perspective to the “Fly now, Grieve later,” for the pilot must ensure that he does not violate any FAR.
- If a member desires to file a grievance, he should contact FDX MEC Contract Enforcement to begin the process as soon as practical. Keep in mind there is ordinarily a 60 calendar day period deadline to file a grievance following the date on which the pilot acquired knowledge, or reasonably should have acquired knowledge of the fact(s) or event(s) giving rise to the grievance.
- Pilots should file a PDR (ALPA) and INSITE Reports (FedEx) for any pairing or scheduling issue which arises.
- Pilots are reminded to use the Fatigue Reporting System on pilot.fedex.com to bring attention to any positive and/or negative scheduling issues for a pairing/trip, and especially if calling in fatigued.