|Class of Service|
|*Company Discretion, $Discounted, Y=Coach, C=Business, F=First|
|Sked Block Hours||Duty Time||Class of Service|
|>2:30 (pure Int’l Only)||C or F*|
|> 5:00 but < 10:00||C or F*|
|≥ 10:00||F$, C$/C, F|
|Non-stop Only||> 16:00||F$, F, C|
|FDX+DH is >8:00||< 11:30 & DH ≤ 1:30 block||Y – Domestic Only|
|FDX+DH is >8:00||C or F*|
|If neither C or F is available, next highest class may be booked if
scheduled duty period is
Deviations – General
***Deviation notification shall occur NLT 60 hours prior to the showtime of the scheduled DH***
If already deviated on DH that originates or terminates in location outside lower 48, Canada, or Mexico, a pilot may not trade, drop, or authorize a bump if <14 days to the showtime of the trip.
- Domestic – A DH that operates solely within the contiguous 48 US
- International – A DH that originates or terminates in a location outside the contiguous 48 US
- Intercontinental – A DH that originates on one continent and terminates on another continent, and is scheduled for more than 5 block hours
- Notify FDX NLT 60 hour prior to showtime of scheduled DH.
- Check-in for the flight no earlier than 60 hours and no later than 4 hours prior to the showtime of the originally scheduled DH. May also satisfy Final check-in if already in position.
Perform Final Check-in shall be NO LATER THAN:
- 8 hours (entirely within North America); or
- 12 hours (non-intercontinental DH); or
- 18 hours (intercontinental DH); or
- Scheduled arrival time of company scheduled DH if <18 hours
Prior to the showtime of a revenue flight/standby period within 100 nm (else distance approved by Fleet Captain). If joining the originally scheduled DH, pilot shall check-in upon arrival at the departure gate of the originally scheduled DH flight.
A pilot may deviate from a scheduled DH between any two revenue segments of a trip only with prior approval of the Fleet Captain. Must be Pre-Approved (use “Pre-Approval” tab on PFC Expense Report Home.)
1. Notify FDX NLT 60 hours (INT’L), 8 hours (DOM) prior to showtime of scheduled DH (unless airline requires earlier notification to avoid penalties, then must occur 12 hours prior to no penalty deadline.
Baseline Fare – Established between 7 days prior & 2 days after bid pack publication; or, for trip revisions or trips built after bid pack publication – when the company constructs or revises the trip.
Established Fare – Determined after FO Bids published & NLT 14 days prior to scheduled DH departure; or for trip revisions or trips built after bid pack publication – when pilot is assigned trip (if > 14 days), 14 days prior, or at time trip is constructed or revised (if < 14 days.)
A deviation bank will be established with the value of DH tickets for all trips flown during the bid period and any DH tickets for recurrent training.
For C/O trips, the bank is applied to the bid period containing the showtime for the DH.
Deviation Bank Credit:
- For deviation notification prior to the first day of the bid period in which the trip begins, the pilot’s deviation bank shall be credited with the HIGHER of the Baseline Fare or the Established Fare.
- For deviation notification on or after the first day of the bid period in which the trip begins, the pilots deviation bank shall be credited with the Established Fare.
- For trip revisions and trips constructed after the publication of the bidpack, the pilot’s deviation bank shall be credited with the HIGHER of the Baseline Fare or the Established Fare.
If deviation expense claims for a given bid period are less than the deviation bank credit for that bid period, 50% of that balance (DBA) shall be available to offset past or future deviation bank overspends as follows:
- The DBA shall be applied to the immediately preceding bid period
- Any DBA balance remaining after (1) shall be added to the pilot’s deviation bank in the immediately subsequent bid period
Hotel Room Cancellation Bank (HRC)
For all hotel rooms cancelled by a pilot through CRS or PFC at least 26 hours prior to the scheduled hotel check-in, $35 (domestic) or $65 (international) shall be credited to the HRC if the pilot operates the trip.
HRC bank credits shall be available to offset allowable/reimbursable deviation bank expenses incurred in any bid period, capped at $10,000.
On property sleep rooms are not guaranteed to pilots who cancel company scheduled hotel rooms (e.g. IND day rooms.)
- Seat Selection fees are allowable/reimbursable (charged to company credit card, receipt required) up to: $40/segment or $80/positioning sequence
- If a pilot scheduled for a nonstop DH over 16 hours on duty who is not in FC, deviates in order to obtain FC on another carrier, the pilot shall include an email from Global Travel indicating FC was not available on the originally scheduled DH when the booking was made; which entitles the pilot to be reimbursed for his deviation ticket up to the full fare FC cost of a direct, nonstop deviation DH whose origin and destination match the scheduled DH regardless of deviation bank value.
- If a pilot scheduled for a DH less than 16 hours on duty but more than 10 scheduled block hours, who is booked in Y, deviates in order to obtain a higher class of service on another carrier; the pilot’s Deviation Bank shall be credited with 130% of the Established Fare and the pilot’s deviation travel is NOT required to match the scheduled DH routing.
- Fees associated with an unused deviation ticket shall NOT be allowable unless a Company schedule change was the reason, not to exceed $25.